HALEYVILLE - A house fire Monday, Aug. 6, reportedly caused by lightning, has left a family struggling to start from scratch.
The home of Sam Brewer on 20th Street near 14th Avenue was struck by fire between approximately 12-1 p.m. Sam's son, Chris, was the only member of the family home at the time, and was able to escape without harm. Despite a quick response from the Haleyville, Bear Creek and Craft Fire Departments, the family lost all of their belongings, according to Sam's sister, Debbie Laframboise.
According to Laframboise, the family did not have homeowner's insurance. The family is in need of everything. Those who would like to make a donation can call Laframboise at 772-985-4898.
See complete story in the Northwest Alabamian.