ARLEY - The Town of Arley has always taken great pride in the men and women who have served our country. The Arley Women’s Club has initiated a program to honor those friends and family who are serving or have served our great nation.
The Military Banner program in Arley was the first of its kind in the state spearheaded by AWC member Juanita Culler, now fondly known as the “Banner Lady.” Military banners are being offered again for Arley.
A photo scanning service will be available at the Arley Public Library on Wednesday, March 6, from 1-3 p.m. To participate, please bring a good quality photograph. Once your photograph is scanned - it will be returned unharmed to you.
The one-time cost to join the program is $130, and includes:
1. Photo restoration of photos, as needed
2. 24" x 48" double-sided military banner to be displayed in Arley at least 2 times per year
3. Bracket & mounting hardware to hold the banner while displayed
4. Web presence on the Arley Military Banner Tribute website
5. Preservation of photos online for family genealogy research
Additionally, 12"x 24" replica yard banners of your honored service person are available at $20 each with purchase of a 24" x 48" town banner.
For additional information, please contact Juanita, the AWC Banner Lady at 205-317-1056.
The Arley Women’s Club, Inc., is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
See complete story in the Northwest Alabamian.