MUSCLE SHOALS - The Northwest-Shoals Community College Adult Education, Ready to Work and the Manufacturing Skill Standards Council programs are partnering to offer a free summer pre-apprenticeship program, CTE 101, beginning May 26.
According to Adult Education and RTW Director Tara Branscome, the new 7-10 week program gives participants an opportunity to develop career skills, explore career technical education and get connected with a mentor.
“In approximately two months or less, our participants have an opportunity to earn as many as 22 workforce certifications,” said Branscome. “Our mentors help our participants stay focused and give them that little bit of encouragement we all need at times.”
CTE 101 has limited seats available and will accept participants on a first come, first serve basis. Certifications that are available through CTE 101 include:
- Alabama Certified Worker
- National Career Readiness Certificate
- MSSC Certified Production Technician Certification
- MSSC Safety and Employability
- MSSC Quality Practices and Measurement
- MSSC Manufacturing Processes and Production
- MSSC Maintenance Awareness
- OSHA 10 Certification
- Financial Literacy Certification
- 12 Digital Literacy Certifications
- FEMA Active Shooter Certification
For more information about the CTE 101 or to register, call or text 256-415-6992 or email email@example.com.
See complete story in the Northwest Alabamian.