HALEYVILLE - Here is a rundown of all the events that will be taking place Saturday, June 2, during the annual Haleyville 9-1-1 Festival:
- 6 a.m.: Registration for the Extreme Challenge 5K. 10th Avenue across from Guthrie's Restaurant.
- 7 a.m.: Extreme Challenge begins. Route goes through downtown and includes an obstacle course, water and splash paint for participants.
- 8 a.m.: Awards ceremony for Extreme Challenge.
- 8 - 11 a.m.: Registration for the car show, lower parking lot by the Haleyville Community Safe Room.
- 8 - 11 a.m.: Registraiton for the tractor show, 10th Avenue between Maxx Cleaners and Cabo San Lucas Restaurant.
- 9 a.m.: Cornhole Tournament begins in the parking lot in front of Haleyville City Hall.
- 9 a.m.: Line-up for the Haleyville High School Alumni/9-1-1 Festival Parade. Alumni floats and vehicles are to line-up in the parking lot of Haleyville Elementary School. First responder vehicles are to line-up in the Haleyville High School parking lot.
- 10 a.m.: Parade begins. The route will be 19th Street to Alabama Avenue, then crossing over to 21st Street and continuing straight onto Highway 195, turning right at the Chevron to travel back to the schools.
- 12 p.m.: Firefighters competition begins in the back parking lot behind Dixie Flower & Gifts.
- 12 p.m. Alabama Bicentennial exhibit opens in the former Dixie Flower location downtown.
- 1 p.m. Awards ceremonies for both the tractor and car shows.
There will be a stellar line-up of performers all day taking the stage across from Dixie Den downtown, as well.
See the complete wrap-up of this year's 9-1-1 Festival in the Wednesday, June 6, edition of the Northwest Alabamian.