HALEYVILLE - Haleyville High School will host its annual FAFSA Day Friday, Oct. 12, from 8 a.m. until 3:30 p.m. to assist senior students and their parents with filing their FAFSA, or Free Application for Federal Student Aid for the 2019-2020 school year.
In order to be prepared to complete the application, students will need to have their FSA ID and password, along with their Social Security number. The following information for both parents will be needed:
- FSA ID and password
- Date of birth
- Social Security number
- Marital status of the parent the student lives with
- Date of parents' marriage, remarriage, divorce or separation
Tax filers will need to have the following information, as well:
- Student's 2017 tax returns, if the student filed taxes)
- Parents' 2017 tax returns
For non-tax filers, the following information will be needed:
- W-2 forms for the student, if the student worked
- W-2 forms for the parents
- Child support paid or received
- Housing, food and other living allowances paid to members of the military, clergy and others
- Veterans' non-education benefits
- Other untaxed income
For more information, to speak with school counselors Jennifer Rains, Stacie Temple or Denise Banks or to make an appointment for FAFSA Day, call the HHS Guidance Office at 205-486-3122. Walk-ins will be accepted on FAFSA Day.
See complete story in the Northwest Alabamian.