WINSTON COUNTY - With face masks proving to be one of the most effective methods of preventing COVID-19 transmission, the Alabama Department of Public Health (ADPH), the Alabama Hospital Association (ALAHA) and the Medical Association of the State of Alabama are sponsoring the Mask Up Alabama Video Contest for Alabamians to share why they feel it is important to wear a mask.
A panel of judges comprised of representatives from the three sponsoring organizations will select the top 10 submissions. From the top 10, the public will select the top five winning videos. Winners will be announced on Thursday, Jan. 28, 2021. Winners will be notified and then their videos will be highlighted on the organizations’ social media sites (Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram) and on AlabamaPublicHealth.gov, ALAHA.org and alamedical.org.
First Place: $600
Second Place: $400
Third Place: $200
Honorable Mentions (2): Recognition on website and social media
Deadlines: The deadline for submissions is Wednesday, Jan. 4, 2021, by noon. The voting contest begins on Monday, Jan. 13, 2021, and ends on Monday, Jan. 25, 2021, by noon.
Applicant Requirements: Must reside in the state of Alabama, and if under 18, must have consent of parent/guardian;
• Video must be between 28 and 30 seconds in length and must include basic information related to mask wearing and COVID-19. Applicants can utilize information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/about-face-coverings.html.
• Video must be uploaded to YouTube or Vimeo.
• Music used in videos must comply with YouTube/Vimeo guidelines.
• Videos may be shot using any mobile devices or high-resolution digital cameras. Try to film in a location with adequate light and be aware of audio/background noises.
• Video should show diversity in race, gender, age, etc.
• Individuals who are videotaped must have given permission for their image to be used in the video to be posted on websites and social media sites.
To submit your video: Videos should be submitted by completing the submission form located here.
Note: The sponsoring organizations reserve the right to determine whether a video qualifies for admission in the Mask Up Alabama video contest. Entries submitted before or after the entry period will not be eligible.
Usage Rights: All videos submitted must be the work of the individual submitting them, who must also be the copyright holder. Each entrant is responsible for ensuring any video footage he or she submits has been recorded with the permission of the subject and does not infringe the copyright of any third party or any laws.
Non-Discrimination Statement: The sponsoring organizations do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal or state law.
Privacy Notice: Participation in this contest is completely voluntary. Personal information requested (including name, mailing address, phone number, etc.) will be used solely for purposes of this contest, including to notify the winners and award prizes. By participating in this contest, you agree that we may contact you via email or telephone regarding this contest. We will not sell or rent your information to anyone. You can do the following at any time by contacting Jennifer Allen at email@example.com or calling (334) 206-7988: change/correct any personal information we have about you, have us delete any data we have about you or express any concern you have about our use of your data.
See complete story in the Northwest Alabamian.