WINSTON COUNTY - Summer reading programs for children aged 5-12 will begin at Carl Elliott Regional libraries across Winston County in June, and registration is already open.
The theme this year is “All Together Now.”
At Haleyville Public Library, almost all the available spaces in the children’s program are full already, so register soon.
Double Springs Public Library’s summer children’s program will be on Tuesdays at 10 a.m. from June 13-July 18. Children need to be registered by June 8. Details of each day’s programming were not available by press time.
Arley Public Library’s summer children’s program will be held on Wednesdays at 1 p.m. with the following schedule:
• June 14, McWane Science Center
• June 21, Bee Kind with Cindy Bryant
• June 28, Camp McDowell with animals
• July 5, Field Trip to Arley Fire Department
• July 12, Mr. Larry’s Magic Show
• July 19, Finale at Hamner Park
Haleyville’s summer children’s program will meet on Thursdays at 10 a.m. with the following schedule:
• June 15, Barking Cow
Farms (petting zoo an-
• June 22, “Legos” Peter Bradberry of Magic City Legos Group
• June 29, Norma Sikes
(Native American history and culture)
• July 6, Hello around the World (languages
• July 13, Magician Tommy Johns
• July 20, Touch a Truck (dump trucks, tractors and more)
The libraries also have adult reading programs with prize drawings this summer.
To learn more about the programs or to register for Double Springs or Haleyville’s programs, call the libraries at the following numbers:
Double Springs: (205) 489-2412;
Arley: (205) 387-0129;
Haleyville: (205) 486-7450.
See complete story in the Northwest Alabamian.