Malfunctioning HVAC unit behind firefighters being dispatched to McDonald's

HALEYVILLE - A malfunctioning HVAC unit at McDonald's in Haleyville filled the restaurant with smoke before it opened Monday morning, Nov. 14, Haleyville firefighters discovered.

The Haleyville Fire Department was initially called out to a structure fire at the restaurant, scanner reports indicated.  Firefighters arrived on scene to find the HVAC unit had filled the restaurant with smoke, so they used their equipment to get the smoke out of the building.  No injuries or damage were reported.

The restaurant is currently open, but does not have heat.  The Alabamian is still gathering information for this story, and will report more as it becomes available.

See complete story in the Northwest Alabamian.
Subscribe now!