Faster internet coming to Smith Lake

Discussing the new project at the entrance to Sipsey Pines subdivision, from left, Suzie Barber, subdivision resident; Jay Weekley, co-founder of Cyber Broadband; Jay Fuller, co-founder/CEO of Cyber Broadband; Don Aaron, technician; Drew Whiteside, loan officer with Traders and Farmers Bank; Jeremy Bartlett, technician and State Senator Garlan Gudger.

ARLEY   -  A $535,000 project providing high speed internet service to 200 residents in the Sipsey Pines subdivision at Smith Lake is receiving a major boost from the Alabama Department of Economic and Community Affairs.
Cyber Broadband of Cullman,  a regional provider of internet service, has announced the extension of fiber-optic-to-the-home internet to Sipsey Pines coming in 2020, noted co-founder and CEO Jay Fuller.
About 20 percent of the project, or $122,000, is  being funded by a state grant provided by the Alabama Broadband Accessibility Fund, administered through ADECA.
The grant will fund 20 percent of the project costs, with the remaining 80 percent being paid by Cyber Broadband, Fuller explained.
Through this high speed internet upgrade, affected customers will primarily be offered three separate packages, 30 megabytes, 100 megs or 300 megs, Fuller added.



See complete story in the Northwest Alabamian.
Subscribe now!