Fire at Imperial Inn evacuates 25 occupants early Saturday morning

Haleyville Police Officer Eddie Collins, left, and Haleyville Fire Marshal Jeff Postell investigate the scene.

HALEYVILLE - A fire at a storage facility behind the Imperial Inn motel caused the evacuation of 25 occupants during the early morning hours of Saturday April 4.

The Haleyville Fire Department and Haleyville Police Department responded to the fire which was quickly extinguished but about 10 motel rooms had smoke damage officials on the scene said.  Since electrical circuitry was affected, and Alabama Power came on the scene to turn the power off, an electrician was needed at the scene before the power could be turned back on, so residents were informed by police they had to vacate the area. Most residents were relocated to other motels.

See complete story in the Northwest Alabamian.
Subscribe now!